World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
June 15 is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day and in Manitoba we have recognized and celebrated WEAAD since 2006. This year we invite you to join us by planning an activity or event in your community.
Visit www.weaadmanitoba.ca where you will find valuable resources to make planning and promoting your WEAAD event even easier. Some of the key features of the site include:
- Resources Ideas to assist you in planning an event. NEW this year are resources for schools and youth programs including classroom ideas, activity; colouring sheets as well as balloons and tattoos
- Promote your event and order resources all in one easy step at Register Your Event
- Keep up to date with What’s Happening in your community or region
- Use the Media & Marketing tools – press release, elder abuse article, proclamation & logos
- Access Presentations about elder abuse & toolkits full of ideas