Place Category: Centres of Winnpeg
Aboriginal Senior Resource Centre Mandate
- To increase access to information, resources and supports that directly improves the health and well-being of Aboriginal Seniors in Winnipeg;
- To provide opportunities for active involvement within the community as a means of achieving physical, emotional, mental and spiritual balance;
- To create an environment that will generate a sense of community resources and develop a strong focus;
- To reach out and connect Aboriginal Seniors to additional community resources and develop a stronger focus;
- To create and environment where Aboriginal Seniors can celebrate their uniqueness and build friendships; and
- To provide opportunities for Aboriginal Seniors to pass on traditional values and historical knowledge to younger generations.